View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Re: \"Make a million $$ in a few minutes of work each day\"...good idea?

I actually think that this is a fairly good post.

Unfortunately the NIT responses that you got in the thread:
"OMGF this can't be real" were not funny at all and just added filler to the thread.

Don't get me wrong, this is no Allegory of the Cave, but it isn't too fare off of an analogy for every day life. Most people have a job that sucks but has its benefits (short work/day vs Cal Ripkin continuity) and most people are sold on "$1 million dollar salary" when they are really making only 50k a year.

I do not think that the Oat carying job is worth 50k a year but then again I am short and have little arms which would increase the frequency that I burn myself. I am also a night person and 4:30 am is pretty brutal. I would need a bonus upwards of 10 mil before I even considered taking the job.

There is no way that I would have the job for 21 years but the posters in this thread who mentioned that you could live off the interest on your investment had it right. Pretty much, I would take the job as the price for a 1 million dollar loan.

I am a skilled investor and I am confident that I could pick some good stocks to make a quick buck on which would allow me to quit the job early. An added benefit is that I would be able to do market research after my oats carrying was over and would still be awake when the markets opened. If I made bad investments at the start then ... well ... there is always oats running