View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Getting in over your head......job related

[ QUOTE ]

The cheap stuff will be reasonably priced, the expensive stuff will be expensive, my thought is that if you are the type to drink the expensive stuff, you arent going to care how much it is.

as far as rewarding loyal customers, this is where lots of people get into trouble, rewarding loyal customers does nothing really imo. If the place is run correctly, you will always have business, if it isnt run correctly, the only customers you will have left after a year are the "loyal" ones looking to score free/cheap drinks because you took care of them when you were doing good business.

[/ QUOTE ]

guids, my point with respect to the drinks was more about the alcohol content than the price. All I'm saying is if somebody orders a rum and coke they should get a shot of rum, not a splash.

And about rewarding loyal customers, I agree you shouldn't be lavishing them with free drinks all the time, because then they'll come to expect it and get pissed if you stop giving them free stuff. I'm thinking more along the lines of little things like remembering their names, making sure they get good tables, making sure they don't have to wait, giving them priority if you're having a special event, etc. Maybe that's what you consider to just be good business, but I think it is worth emphasizing. I'm sure you already know this, but the club scene is very fickle and even just a couple of weeks with low turnout can be devastating to your reputation. Having a good group of regular customers gives some insurance against that.