View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 04:20 AM

Default Beat: I sort of won and lost $1,562,239 in 18 hours

First post. Thought this was post worthy, maybe not.

So I was playing poker Tuesday night. Signed out of my account with 20k or so account balance. Two hours later I signed back in...I thought it said I had $15,622 left in my account. I was mad. I looked again and I realized I read it wrong and that it was $1,562,239 exactly. I was thinking that there was a major computer glitch...and crossing my fingers that I hit some kind of jackpot. I had received no email from the poker site. I decided to wait until morning to see if it was still there. Eight hours later...still there...still no email or anything at all from the poker site. At this point I figured I had 2 options.

1. I could notify the site and ask what's going on and hope that the money is mine.

2. I could cash out the money, or play with it...and wait for them to notice.

I opted for choice number one. They said it was an error and they took everything out of the account but what I had had in there. I don't think they even realized anything was missing and I have yet to receive any sort of an email in regards to whose money it was and how it got in my account.

Did I make the right move? I'm sort of amazed by all of this.