View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Razz: When Correct to Play to 3bets on 3rd

[ QUOTE ]

Why are you folding 2461Badugi? Are you worried it will get jammed on 3rd where you will almost certainly have the worst of it? Your hand is strong and you still have a good amount of equity against wheel cards. With one small bet already bet, you are also now getting good odds with it only being two small bets to you. You are unfortunately never closing the action with your call which means you could have to put in another if it is capped.

A23 37.50%
345 33.87%
257 28.63%

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I would expect a cap 100% of the time if I call with a 7 up here. So I'm actually getting something like 10:3, which is not really very good odds to start with. As you show if we were calling all in we would take them, but there's not much of an overlay. It gets a little better if the 7 is down, but either way we're giving up a lot of our initial small bet in immediate equity anyway.

Second, we've made a big pot, so I won't be able to use any good early catches to pick it up early. I'm forced to peel, and if we all catch good I may be forced to allow myself to be jammed in with the third best hand. These kind of suck with regard to RIO.

Third, if someone's putting in bets drawing dead in this hand, it's almost always going to be me. That's huge.