View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Crossfit Discussion

the goal of crossfit is to be above average at many things, so while you may never be an elite olympic lifter, middle distance runner, sprinter, etc. you will be pretty good at all of these things, far better than someone who does bodybuilding style workouts and slow cardio. face it, if you re like most people you'll never be elite at the above mentioned activities anyway, unless you have great genetics. with crossfit, almost anyone can achieve an elite level of condtioning, work output, capacity, etc. for health and functional fitness this is way more important than snatching 300 pounds or being able to run a marathon.

i've done almost every kind of workout, from powerlifting, olympic lifting(with angel spassov, google him if you dont know who he is), ashtanga yoga, thai boxing, bjj, and freestyle wrestling. crossfit and rosstraining workouts are probably harder and require more of a gutcheck(if you push yourself 100%) than any of them.

i dont follow their program to the letter, and i could care less about their dietary advice, but they have some great workouts, esp the filthy 50, and the named workouts like cindy and fran. i'm 30 yrs old, 6 2 and about 220 pounds, im happy with my muscle size so crossfit(and rosstraining) are perfect for someone like me. i honestly dont think ive ever been in better shape in my life than i am now, and ive only been doing these mixed modal workouts for about 4 months.

i do 2 strength days(mostly max, some explosive) per week, and 3 or 4 conditioning days, this has worked out great for me, i dont think i ll ever go back to just doing weights and cardio