View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Oop semibluff late in NL $109

[ QUOTE ]
I failed to take into account that he called your PF raise with only 15 BBs. I think his calling range is tighter than you listed. I can see the average villian calling with AJs or KQs, but I think he jams with AQ, JJ/TT and most jam 99/88 too. Also, I think you should include AA/KK/QQ in his calling range, even if discounted.

Anyway, I don't know that my pre-flop range is any more accurate than yours. Assuming your pre-flop range is correct, I don't think he bets all these hands the same way. He's more likely to jam the AQ/AJ draws and check behind with 99/88. His 6k bet tilts his holdings towards a made hand of jacks or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect you're right, certainly postflop and maybe pre as well. My intention is not to prove that my play was massively +ev. I do think betting out against his range (yours or mine) is worse than just check-folding. I just also think that given my need to fight for a competitive stack, check-raising is very interesting given the very high reward of getting a fold, weighed against the moderate equity against his auto-call range and the decent equity against his speculative call range. I accept though that AA/KK will pop up sometimes and that is a problem, except that with both of us being in EP it seems a horrible play to me and I would imagine most people realise that.