View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Help Me Make a Fitness Bet, Please.

I would advise that setting some times to play poker,
for example a standard job usally starts at around 9 and finishes at 5 so why not make set times to play poker as saying " no poker after 11pm" is ok but just sitting looking at a computer screen for the amount of hours straight without a break if the games are good is obv going to be bad for you.

so for example playing between the hours of 9-5 each day alone would make u alot healthier an prob feel better for it. obv as the games prob arnt as good at them kinda times u could set 8 hours a day playing poker (if wanted) having 3 breaks for example a half hour morning break a hour lunch and another half hour afternoon break.

Outside poker times you could go for a walk once a day maybe in the morning and a run once a day for like 10 minutes (not along time as you said in ur post u dont like running distances) doing this would also make most poker players probly dont get fresh air let alone any exercise.

On the Food side you could maybe set a diet of 3 meals a day with one meal a day being a salad type dish or pasta dish. (pasta dish being super easy to make... as u said u dnt cook much) You could also list the food you would generally eat like pizzas etc. and make them some kinda treat once a week for dinner/lunch or w/e. that way it may give u some incentive to eat healthy so when the day comes once a week you could eat the pizza or w/e. For the 3 set meals a day i really wouldnt have a clue what would be best to eat as eating salad/pasta day in day out for a month would become boring so research in some good healthy meals would be a must!

id imagine if u followed this for a month with some weight lifting etc. you would be alot healthier.

hope this gives u some sort of idea. gl in the bet.