View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Help Me Make a Fitness Bet, Please.

My friend and I are trying to book a big fitness bet. We're having trouble working out the details. We basically want to each set a few quantifiable goals each, make sure our lists are similar to each other's in difficulty, and then base the winning/losing of the bet on how many of the goals we each achieved.

I need some help thinking up some goals.

We're probably gonna run the bet over a 1 month period, then settle up, tweak it, and make another.

So, some goals I had in mind were:

lose x% of bodyfat
Be able to (bench, squat, w/e) y reps at x lbs

I was also thinking of making one goal that just restricts foods. So like, no pizza, candy, ice cream, etc. the whole time.

And I was gonna make one rule: no playing poker past 11pm five nights a week (to help regulate sleep schedule, because my sleep schedule sucks and makes me unable to do anything active some days)

I don't think that a goal like 'go to the gym x days a week for y minutes' will be good for me because it'll make it more of a drag and less of a challenge with goals. Also I could just half ass it when I go to the gym.

I also don't want to go as far as counting calories or anything that takes that much work.

I'm not looking to train for a marathon. I just want to be healthier.

Any ideas for some measurable goals I could have that would be important to me getting in better shape?

Real quick about me:
I'd say I'm equally interested in getting stronger and dropping some weight.
I hate distance running more than anything. I don't mind lifting.
I don't cook at all. I don't eat super well, but I have no problem sticking to a diet as long as the food is easy to prepare/order. (This could be it's own thread, but ez prep/order healthy foods would help me out a lot)
There's a gym 2 blocks from my house that I'm not a member of yet.

Any questions are welcome. Thanks guys.