View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Trying Hubbles...

[ QUOTE ]
River is a check-behind for me. You have to ask yourself what hands call a raise on a flop and a big bet on this turn, that doesn't beat you. If he was on a draw he will not call your bet. I think KJ, KT hands are not very likely to call a big bet on the turn, where an ace hits. Maybe KK or QQ, but you are beaten by some sets, a higher 2-pair like AT,AJ,A6 and KQ. So I would be happy to check behind here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree with you levi but my problem I have with this thought process is the 5 of diamonds could not possible have helped anyones hand here... so if you were beat then villian missed a street of value somewhere especially considering he is OOP (depending specifically on what his hand is)... anyways that makes it so I have to value shove this river unless I think villian has some passive tendenicies in which case I would be delighted to check behind because I have defined my hand at this point... The higher 2-Pair hands are preety unlikely because of the way villian played his hand on one street or another... KQ not played for value in a tricky way does fit and is an unfortunate possibility but your getting a value call sometimes from QJ of clubs and KJ of clubs... and most of the time from AX of clubs... all of which make much more sense for him to have here then AT or A6...