View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Stars 50K Guaranteed - The Dreaded Min Raise

Jarid if you are still there I would very much like to discuss this further... if you have the software stove JJ against TT+, AQ, and AK... and come back with the results... you are ahead of that range... I never stated I thought 3-betting for information was a good play... however I do believe that 3-betting for value is the best option available to you (the fact that you force your opponent to give away information by taking this line just adds further value to it)... as a side note calling is not -EV but just not the best play IMO... you would need to tread carefully postflop because if you are not an experienced post flop player then you will probably get yourself into trouble far more often then you would like (most of the time costing you more then the 800 chip difference between re-raising the villian in this hand and smooth calling his 400 preflop) also you will often fold the best hand... we have been given no such read that suggests this villian is passive post flop or is uncapable of making a c-bet on the flop whether he has the best hand or not... coupled with the chance that you allow him to outdraw you when you have the best hand... the 3-bet is extremely obvious to me... any comments I made previously about AA and KK were made in regards to the times your opponent 4-bets you all in... If you believe that is his entire range for the 4-bet a fold in that spot would be rather obvious... I mean Jarid what are you re-raising with here... do you smooth call pre with AK???... is your raising range QQ+... or are you smooth calling all of the hands which likely have value against his range... obviously this player is prob not good enough to recognize a difference (considering he limps 50% of hands and he mini-raises) but isnt this exploitable on your part...