View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Stars 50K Guaranteed - The Dreaded Min Raise

[ QUOTE ]
So if we've seen 20 hands with villain, and he's played 10, we must know how he plays. I get it, because 10 hands should be enough to gauge how he plays under the various circumstances one experiences in most hands. If he's never raised in OP's presence, what do we know about him and continuations? Can you get that from assuming he's weak?

Over-adjusting to your opponent's repeated actions, and assuming he's ALWAYS predictable will also hurt your EV. So does cold-calling min-raises with big hands every time you haven't seen someone raise before; especially when you allow them to play almost perfect and for cheap as someone mentioned I think. You're sure to win little, and lose big playing this way.

If villain has AA-QQ on a ten high flop, are you just calling a cont? You'd probably think raise, but if you think you're ahead then, why weren't you ahead pre? Now you're def losing your chips, probably more than you would've if you'd reraised to begin with.

If an A, K, or Q hits, whats your line? Call him down? A re-raise not only allows you to charge worse hands, but imo give you a bettter idea of villains range as well.

Also done here. I already know how I'd play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going back to grunching...i regret posting replies to this guy (my bad.) And the next time i raise from UTG...i'll look forward to u 3-betting me for information [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].