View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Stars 50K Guaranteed - The Dreaded Min Raise

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like folding better then calling if you are going to play this nitty and you lack the discipline/experience needed to play this corretly post-flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

el oh el

One point that u seem to be missing is the size of the raise is not nearly as important/significant/relevant as the fact that this guy is playing 50/0 and has raised from EP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're overestimating the significance of this "fact" of 50/0. We don't know how many hands this is over. Also, OP says he's played "a while" with villain, which confuses me a bit; maybe I'm being a nit, but he didn't say the entire tournament. Furthermore, there are no reads about postflop play, which seems odd for a guy playing 50% of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies for not referring to/submitting a statistically relevant sample size...IMO u don't have to observe certain players for all that long b/c if they're weak, they follow (and rarely deviate from) very predicatble patterns. Not adjusting to your opponent's repeated actions or behaviors (ie:reads) and reverting to ABC assumptions will hurt your EV in the long run.