View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Weird top two spot 25/50

Obv feeling confident about your hand on the flop why not pause and c-bet flop...hoping to be floated or even repopped there.

IMO your check screams strength..2 pair or better hoping to get it AI. Also the villain made a bad river stab... only getting a call from a better hand right? What is he hoping you have; 88, 99? Considering this is a bad stab by him then surely you should lead flop to extract value from good players who would not donate on river like this, no?

If you c-bet flop u may get either repopped or floated, then u can check turn as if u are semi weak (weak Ace, KQ, JT maybe?) hopefully giving the impression that you've accepted your one barrel did not take the pot down there and then...this may induce a stab from opponnents on the turn and / or river in the 2/3 - 3/4 pot range. NB: You can flat call their bets, maintaining pot control and still maximising value right?

Checking flop they are getting free cards to draw to the nuts with hands they might pay to draw with. Why not build pot on flop (also building a larger more steal worthy pot which you are happy to get all in on)... You are likely to get callers with pairs + draws or even get it all in on flop against a combo hand. leading flop and getting folds all around probably means they had nothing to call so you weren't getting any more value anyway.

If you had been 99, TT, QQ in this scenario are you just check folding or would u c-bet stab? (though perhaps you would not have repopped pre I guess).

Seeing you check this down essentially would invite me on future hands to repop your c-bets and lead into you on turns more often as I now have the image of you trapping big hands but leading marginal ones and draws.

Thoughts?

CTS how would you have played the hand and what would you hope / expect from your opponents? Do you want to get all in on flop if possible?