View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We've known FT treats its players like this for years, these threads are not new, but people still keep playing there. I, personally, do not play on any site other than pokerstars, nor would I ever

[/ QUOTE ]
Could it be:
1. FTP have better detection procedures in place to find cheaters and are prepared to penalise them regardless of the flak they take from people who do not know the facts.
2. PokerStars are not too bothered in detecting cheats and simply take the rake and say "thankyou very much". If anyone is caught they just warn them and we hear no more about it so everyone thinks they are so good.

I seriously am not saying that this is the case but is it a possibility? Could FTP be the "seekers of truth and justice" and all they are truely guilty of is not putting their techniques on to a public forum for future cheats to find their way around their security?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rek - Yes, that is possible and has occured to me as well.
I truly think that Stars is just better at catching the bots and in doing so more quickly and in a more professional way.

There was a situation last year where a player here had his mom accused of being a bot on Stars playing micro-stakes. Since it was his own mom he knew that Stars had stumbled on a funny false-positive. But Stars insisted that the account was a bot via the timing of the actions, etc.
They were also kind of rude about how certain they were of the guilt of that player.

But the masses arose at 2+2 and Stars eventually corrected their actions. It was still a pretty stressful time I think for them even though they didn't have $47k on the line.

The situation involved poster TeddyFBI and his mom. Look up TeddyFBI's Mom in the archives for more of that zanyness.

Stars took much quicker actions and gave some kind of insight as to how they catch bots even in their rudeness to Teddy FBI's mom and it very much seems they move and communicate much faster than FT.