View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 10:51 PM

Default Re: 6000th Post. Let\'s Try This Hand Reading Thing Again

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post. Thanks for the effort you put into it.

Sometimes this is Ax that has put you solidly on TP and wants you to take a stab at the river, feeling you will fold on the turn. You can't always interpret call-check-raise as a flush draw. It's no good talking about ranges if you then discount the range without reason.

A flush draw needs to fold the flop, by the way. (A good reason to bet top pair, actually; I'm not sure why you're so keen on checkfolding. Risking being bluffed is part of poker. And worse hands don't always fold. Sometimes they call and hope to get lucky.) A pair plus FD is enough to chase, so maybe he had that, but he must have had specifically 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

You need to think about what hand you have portrayed to him and what type of player he is, as well as what hands his action fits. Handreading does not end at just coming up with conceivable ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow this post is so bad on so many levels

1.He never said call/check/raise is always a flush draw but it obvioulsy is frequently.
2.You can easily discount parts of ranges as the hand progresses, if you put someone on a pfr range of TT+ AQ+ and they keep firing at an ace high board are you going to say well they could have TT JJ QQ KK my A2 is way ahead of his range.
3.Nobody ever folds a flush draw on this flop, nor should they have you ever heard of implied odds.
4. He is not keen on checkfolding he is checking to control the pot. He basically only plans on folding if his villains show a very strong line.
5. You never ever need to think about what hand you portray in any sng (I may be wrong about the really high buyins like 530+)Your opponents suck and they will not hand read here. Many good winners who post a lot on 2p2 don't hand read well donkeys aren't going to bother putting you on a hand.

I hate to come off as a dick but seriously you have posted so much wrong in this thread it is terrible. Considering BigT who's a winner at high cash games is impressed by it I find it unbelievable that you are so critical of this post especially when you had so much wrong.