View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Re: PNL Study Group Day 6: Position/Hand Reading/FIP

[ QUOTE ]
I have problem in pre-flop when I raise in middle position first in with hand like JJ AQs etc. and someone re-raises in button to put him in hand. Is he raising with uber hand or just to be able to steal pot in flop?

How you see 3-bet range to be in button against middle raiser? TA opponent vs. LAG players? I am thinking mainly NL25 and NL50 limits (6max)?

How often they have AA,KK,AKs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, but I can tell you this. I've been keeping track of my reraising stats. This is for online play at .5/$1, $1/2 and $2/4. When I reraise a raiser by betting 3x his bet amount, I am getting folds at the rate of approximately 3:1. In other words, it's profitable to raise with any 2 cards. Of course, it's not profitable to raise any time you have 2 cards. Frequency is obviously important. But as long as you are not noticed to be reraising significantly more than you can be expected to actually get good cards, then raising with 72o is profitable for me. I wouldn't raise with that because why should I? I'll just wait until I get 22 or 43s or some other weak hand that has additional profit from higher potential of winning a showdown.

So to answer your question, I doubt I'm the only one who's figured this out. Sometimes you're getting screwed. But which times? (I reraise with premium hands also.)