View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Hi guys, help picking new laptop (computer donkey)

[ QUOTE ]
Any other thoughts on this? I was looking at the Dell Inspiron 1501, which can come with a screen as large as 15.4". I've heard good things about its processing power and battery life as well. Do the XPS systems make a big difference for poker and related appliations (PAHUD, Tracker, etc- I don't use large databases)? I'm not concerned about movies, games, or anything like that, my desktop can handle those.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you aren't gaming or anything like that, you don't need a XPS, it's overkill. I don't know anything about the current Dell's, but I bought a Inspiron 6000 a couple of years ago, and it gets used a ton more than my gaming laptop that I spent too much money on.

If you go Dell I would get whatever vidcard they have for it, rather than just the onboard. You might decide to do some multimedia/light gaming at some point as you find you use your lappy a lot. Also look for coupons. I got mine during their 50% off promo. Recently I've seen $400 off and wouldn't surprise me if they got up to $500.