View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Live 15/30 top set hand

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be tempted to raise one more time but I don't think a call is bad either. A reasonable player basically has A5s, 33, 22.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I called the 4bet (instantly regretting it) and a 6 hit the river (no flush). He bet again and I just called. I was going to (obviously) raise a board-pairing river and possibly (like 50% likely if it felt right) any non-A,5,6 river as well, calling a 3-bet if that happened. I was also going to bet any river if checked to and make a decision if checkraised based on the card and whatever felt right (probably calling a lot of the time). Good/bad river plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the lack of a 5-bet, this sounds good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought about this some more, and a lot of this river plan doesn't make sense unless your turn call was an accident. If he's crazy enough for a 4card straight river to ever help him, then his range on the turn is so wide that reraising is mandatory. Actually any straight card helps you against his range because it makes for fewer straight combos Villain can have, but it also kills your action against non-straight hands.