View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 04:55 PM

Default Re: 6000th Post. Let\'s Try This Hand Reading Thing Again

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to get this post back on track.
Pudge, great post, thanks for your contribution.
As for your line, I disagree with it, but like your thinking. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
On the river, if we check, what hands that checked the turn bet that we beat???
We should just check fold river and get out cheap.

Two pair is nothing on that board.
Take out the obvious flush AND straight and things are different.

How about semi-bluffing with a weak hand?

This is a line that is not often brought up, but we can play a line as a strong hand would but we beat busted draws and super weak hands if called (we are "bluffing with the best hand some of the time").

So in this example, let us check fold flop. If it is checked around, we have information.
On the turn, lead. Now we can beat the same as the flop and flush draws with only One card to come will often fold out (though they stay on the flop, which is only a tiny mistake).
In addition we are repping the A or more properly the straight on the turn.
As a hypothetical line, say we get one caller on the turn. Then lead river some of the time. We should just be flat called by a range that includes hands we beat and hands we are beaten by (that we would have check called) which is superior to check call in that we get value from worse hands who don't respect our bets or are bluff catching.
I would prefer this line and the pot would be small to medium sized on the river.
BTW, if called by two opps on the turn, check fold this river.

Summary: Isn't check fold flop better? If checked, then lead turn (a semi-bluff) and then bet river some of the time as well. This is a line that we would take with stronger hands as well (turned two pair, sets, flush draws).

I would appreciate your comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad IMO...you get the same info from checking as betting usually.

Also while a two way bet is really cool in certain spots this probably isn't one.
Actually I've talked about 2 ways with a lot of good players and there are very few spots where they are really good.