View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Travel Adventure after graduation (june 08)

I'm doing this right now so if you really want to chat about it, my gmail chat is ricky.travel@gmail.com.

I actually planned to do more actually 'backpacking' but got to China and liked it so much I haven't moved in five months. But I'm pretty sure Nov 15th I'm doing the trans-siberan across Russia and into Eastern Europe for a bit.

Don't worry about traveling alone. If you don't want to be alone and you arent' socially retarded you can always find traveling companions, even in the remotest parts of Mongolia. Also don't worry about a schedule. If you are seriously concerned about being alone just sort of latch onto people (not in a sketchy way) and follow them. I've ended up traveling for a month with people whom I met in kitchen of a youth-hostel.

Whats your deal with backpackers ofdabeat? I wouldn't consider myself a 'backpacker' but have nothing against them.

Also, if anybody wants to take a train across Russia during semi-winter, drink lots of cheap Russian vodka to keep warm and make tons of Russian pals, let me know.