Thread: I am tapped
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 02:12 AM

Default Re: I am tapped

by definition this player is not a winning player. Winning players posess the emotional fotitude to manage their bankroll properly and stay level headed in the face of drawdown.

This player writes "I really thought I could go pro, but I just don't have the emotional stability required."

This player gets the learning that he created for himself in this dramatic episode. Because of this experience this player may go on to win in his non-poker life. But the damage that he has done to himself phsycologically surrounding poker will require a lot of work to undo. When drawdown starts these emotions will present themselves and the player will not be able to properly play. The player is best advised to move on with his life.

This brings up another point, that being... To be a winning, high stakes player one must encounter player's such as this. The winning high stakes player must set aside any sympathy or emotional empathy that he may have for this player, and must spend massive amounts of time with people that he neither cares about nor respects.

Peace
Blazman