Thread: I am tapped
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 05:30 AM

Default Re: I am tapped

[ QUOTE ]
So, goodbye 2+2 forums, I will be removing you from my bookmarks...I will not be watching poker on TV, I will not be talking about poker with my friends, and I will not be playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your whole story sounds frighteningly similar to my own, except that i have managed to get real with myself and drop down and grind it out (still in progress) ... Also, I think that what you said above will be the hardest to do... I actually decided to quit poker after going off for 19k at 10/25NL in Vegas... I just decided that I was reacting too harshly to the swings, and that if I played within my br I could still do it successfully...

I had made my whole life poker, which is why it was so hard to walk away from... I have almost resigned myself to the fact that I probably will never fully quit poker... It is a game that I love and for the time being it is a fantastic way to make good money, which is great cuz i am a lazy [censored]...

I really hope that you are successful in quitting b/c I know quite well the emotional turmoil that poker can put you through... I don't know how much luck you are gonna have completely shutting down such a huge part of your life...