View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Who banned Clarkmeister?

Masked Man:

Sometimes I wonder exactly what it is you are up to or striving for.

First off, the amount of revenue that Two Plus Two makes directly from www.twoplustwo.com is small compared to what we make directly from selling books. So increasing or decreasing website revenue a little bit has no impact on any decisions I make concerning the website.

Second, I think you're missing out on understanding the way we are operating www.twoplustwo.com. That is this is a very dynamic place. Because of that, I'm reluctant to produce hard and fast rules along the lines that you seem to be advocating. What Mat has implemented here is to have an on going discussion, of which this forum is part of, that examines issues like the one which began this thread, to try to bring everyone to a concensus.

There are only two situations where I get involved. The first is when I just happen to stumble across a post that I feel is totally outrageous. The second is when I feel that a poster is on a crusade to damage our book sales.

Now I want to clarify this second point a little. If we publish a book that you (or anyone feel is bad) you are free to give a negative opinion. We want the content in our books to be debated since we feel strongly that this debate will bring positive results for us.

But I will take action when someone who has a negative comment on our books ignores our responses or explanations and then continues his attacks in a vacuum. That won't be tolerated.

So except for these two spots, I prefer for this authority to be delegated to all moderators and our posters. While our system is currently not perfect, I and Mat Sklansky believe it works very well, and in my opinion there is no reason to change anything.

Best wishes,
Mason