View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Flopped Boat at Commerce

You should definitely bet here. In fact, you are really hoping someone has a garbage queen and will play back.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not only betting but three-betting if raised. Does anyone disagree with the three-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only disagree with a 3-bet if the raise comes from directly to your right (including those times everyone between you and the raiser fold). Depending on who's left, I would then bet out again or c/r the turn.

When players flop big hands, like 3 queens, their instinct is to slowplay (as indicated earlier in the thread). I really hope that they all call the flop and the Q raises the turn. A raise on the flop is not as strong as the call/raise play. The raiser is less likely to have a queen: expect KJ, a FD, or something like 88 or AT. These hands are drawing virtually dead. There is no reason to charge their draws, and you don't want to scare them off.

In other words, slow down against flop aggression (unless you have a lot of people coming along with the 2 of you) and go to town against turn aggression.