View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Wrapping my brain around the difference in PC brands.

I created what I call the "Budweiser Mystery." Explain why a terrible beer is the best-selling. So, I normally don't trust popular opinion. Obviously a huge argument about over-all beer quality, importance to care, etc., can stem from this, but that just deviates from the point. Surely, customer satisfaction reigns supreme in the computer market. But, just because Dell sells better than Gateway doesn't convince me that Dell is better. I recently read review of Norton vs McAfee vs Zone security suites. The magazine even admitted that Zone was the best, but still suggested Norton for ease of use, although it was more expensive (I use AVG).

So, okay, on processor, I will go as high as I can afford. I think the most expensive is an extra 600 or so. I think I could hold off for an extra week or two if I decide on this.

EDIT: I am convinced that buying on-line is better. I think that Dell having an exclusivity, and a better over-all choice of what you are getting, makes it the most popular brand, so perhaps I should trust public opinion on this. I haven't researched this completely, but I imagine you could buy any computer custom made.

Thank you all.