View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 06:33 PM

Default StatMonkey: -[8.5/4.6/1.9]-

About a month ago, our beloved <font color="green">Matrix</font> posted a thread where he said:

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to StatMonkey.

All of us regular players keep ever growing PokerTracker Databases, we read and try to use all kinds of statistical info to help us beat the players we face across the poker table.

Lots of us spends hours staring at HUDstats where helpful little userdefined numbers are displayed over the names of our opponents.

This thread in SSNL is a discussion about "Optimal Stats" and what they might look like. Players at uNL play far from Optimal strategy, lots of villains seem to play far from any kind of strategy.

This will hopefully be a series of threads about finding ways to exploit players at a uNL table with different stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, this idea is entirely too good to let it die after one post. So, with apologies to '<font color="green">Trixy</font>, I'm reviving it with opponent #2.

Our new target is entirely different from our old one: he's a nit.

Don't panic -- nits are beatable! Let's think this through. Pulling from my $25NL database, I found a good one.

After 653 hands datamined, we know the following information:

VPIP: 8.42%
PFR: 4.59%
VPIP from SB: 9.17%
Folded SB to steal: 95.0%
Folded BB to steal: 91.3%
Attempted to steal: 8.57%
Won $ WSF: 24.74%
Flop Aggression: 1.50
Turn Aggression: 2.25
River Aggression: 2.55
Average Aggression: 1.88
Went to SD: 17.53%
Won $ at SD: 64.71%

These nits quietly infect our tables all the time. How should we play against them? Lay out your entire plan: where you want to sit and why, how you plan to play preflop and why, how you plan to play postflop and why.

And, as <font color="green">Matrix</font> so eloquently put it:
[ QUOTE ]

What weaknesses does &lt;this&gt; type of player have, and how can we exploit them?

[/ QUOTE ]