Thread: Another AA hand
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Another AA hand

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT:

AQ and less

EDIT:

What worse hand do you think he is betting twice? Unless he is retarded I cant see how hero doesnt loose 1BB on the river when he c/c c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

oink,
i don't see your logic here. first of all, if it's true that we lose 1BB on the river in the c/c c/c line this in no way justifies the b/c line. the only thing it tells us would be that c/c c/f > c/c c/c.

secondly, co doesn't need to be retarded to show our hand down. in fact if co is a perfect opponent who knew that we'd muck our AA he could easily exploit us. it's of course possible that against a perfect opponent always showing down is also wrong. as a game theorist, you probably realize what this means - we need to look him up a certain portion of the time.

thirdly, against a perfect opponent b/c is worse than c/c from basic game theory considerations - simply because we are an underdog to his range, we don't need to protect our hand, and we are not making a bluff. if we bet, the perfect opponent would be able to adjust his bluffing-raising range to make us indifferent to calling down or folding thus losing us (almost) 1BB more compared to the c/c c/c line. therefore, for b/c to be > c/c against this opponent you have to have a special read. what's your read in this case?

now, i'm not saying that b/c is necessarily worse than c/c against this guy, i just think the argument you gave for it doesn't justify it.