View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: uNL Hand Reading Practice

1) AA/QQ/77
PF: BTN raise, could be anything.
Flop: Near psb on a drawy board, looks like a cbet
Turn: Hero shoves over a c/r. The turn CR signifies extreme strength and Hero says that he doesn't care. This is an extremely strong made hand, looks like flopped set to me.

2)55/44/A5s/A4s
PF: Hero cold calls IP. Probably has something with good implied odds like a small to mid PP/SC/Axs.
Flop: Hero bets when checked to. Probably has a FD/set/or A5/A4s, or is just taking a stab. Hero doesn't seem too afraid of the A on the flop, especially vs a pfr that checked.
Turn: Hero bets again, looking for value. Unlikely to have a FD, I think he has a set or A5s/A4s
River: Definately doesn't have a FD now and is willing to get AI. No 3 makes sense for Hero or Villain. For some reason I want to put villain on a badly played KK here.

3)AK/AJ
PF: Hero raises in CO, wide range.
Flop: Cbets and gets called. Still could have anything from an underpair to overcards to top set.
Turn: Check IP when the flush hits. Probably a marginal hand like JJ or missed overcards. Hero is pretty much done with the hand...
River: ...unless he spikes an A on the river. MP bets almost pot, Hero calls with TPTK or TPGK. I don't put Hero on AQ b/c I think he would b/f the turn or bet/check behind the river. Likewise I don't think Hero would call the river with less than an A.

4) AhJh/AK/AQ
PF: UTG raise, narrow range. pp, AJ+, something else once in a while.
Flop: Cbet a semi-coordinated flop and gets called.
Turn: Hero checks behind with 3 broadway on the board. He has nothing/marginal hand/or some heart draw he wants to see the river with.
River: Hero bets 3/4psb on the river. Bluff or value? I think this is a vbet with TPTK or MPTK or a backdoor flush that got there. Any really strong hand would have bet the turn (like KQ) and any marginal hand would check behind (like JT). I don't see any set or PP playing like this and Hero's range is (should be?) narrow from UTG.

5) JJ/77/AJ/KdQd
PF: Hero raises pf and calls a tiny 3bet. Hero has a PP or good but not good enough to 4bet/call shove hand and the raise is small so he will call with implied odds IP.
Flop: SB bets as expected, Hero likes this flop and raises/calls a shove. His plan w/ JJ/77 worked and/or he is getting coolered by AA. AJs makes sense as well, as I think Hero calls a wide range IP vs this small 3bet preflop. KdQd for the GS+NFD is also a possibility.

6) T8s/86s/87/A8s
PF: Hero takes a flop multiway. Probably a connector/one-gap/two-gap/suited Ax/lower suited broadway (like JTs). Definately not a premium hand.
Flop: Hero raises pot. Looks like a made straight/pair+FD or 2p. Many of his SC/Suited 1gaps/Suited 2gaps hit this flop. It could be 66, but I think Hero raises that pf most of the time.
Turn: Hero bets again. I put Hero on an 8 here, but he only bet 2/3psb so it looks like he wants a call. The board is very drawy and his 8 could be beaten, unless he has a boat or trips w/ TK. UTG will likely call a bet here with a draw or any 8, so Hero fires.
River: Hero shoves the river; the flush doesn't concern him. Either that was his gin card and he just boated up or his 2p turned into a boat on the turn. The board is too scary here and I think 97 checks behind here given the opportunity on a paired board with the flush draw coming in.
After thinking about it; I don't think Hero has 87s here unless it is 8d7d.

7) TT/99
PF BTN raise means a wide range.
Flop: Hero bets near psb on a 2 flush semi-connected board. This hits Villain harder than it does Hero in general, but Hero seems to have a hand of some sort, probably an overpair.
Turn: Hero calls a smallish donkbet from Villain. I don't think Hero has AA-QQ, but I still think it is an overpair, probably JJ/TT/99 that wants to get to showdown.
River: SB donks weakly again and Hero calls. This 6 doesn't really help the Villain and villain bet his hand weak on the turn and river. This is probably an 8 or a busted FD. There is some chance that Villain was playing 97s or 43s (or maybe even 74s :P) and hit his straight or that he was slowplaying the flop with a set, but Hero thinks he is ahead enough to make this call.

8) 99/88/

PF: Hero raises UTG; probably pp, AJ+, something else sometimes
Flop: Coordinated board, hero doesn't have a set or another powerful hand or else he'd bet for protection. He likely has a small/medium pp here. If I were Villain I'd pot it.
Turn: Hero c/calls a turn blank. I still think Hero has a pp; probably a middle PP like 99/88 that has some showdown value vs a likely draw. AJ is a possibility too, but I think Hero would usually lead with TP on this board or bet the turn.
River: Hero checks intending to call after the river brings no help to the draws, but gets a break as Villain checks as well. I think Villain had either an OESD or FD and Hero's 99 is good.

9) 66/55/JJ/AJ/QQ/KK/AA (lol narrow range)
PF: UTG raise is usually tight; pp/AJ+ usually, sometimes something else
Flop: Hero makes a psb on a drawy board, looks like he is betting for value/protection. I put him on a set/overpair/or TPTK
Turn: Hero bets strongly again for protection/value. I put him on the same range of hands as the flop, and this is confirmed after he gets all the money in. Set/overpair and sometimes AJ (most likely AhJh if it is AJ). There is a possibility that this is QhJh, but I wouldn't know this unless I had a note on Hero saying "raises QJs UTG".

10) 99/77/88/98s
PF: MP raise, probably a PP/broadway, maybe a high SC.
Flop: 976r doesn' hit very many raising hands. Hero cbets but fails to take it down.
Turn: Hero bets again and calls a shove on a 4 straight board. He either has a set and doesn't believe his opponent has an 8 or he has an 8 (probably 98s or 88) for the straight.

11) KQ/KsJs/KsTs/
PF: Hero calls an UTG raise. Probably a mid/small pp or hand with implied odds like Axs/SC/suited 1gap/suited 2gap
Flop: Hero bets after the pfr checks. Hero could be taking a stab with a FD (or air), he could have a Q or a set.
Turn: Hero bets again and gets the money in after being CRed. I think Hero has KQ or a K+FD or a set. When I was going through this hand originally I didn't think Hero had a set, but now I think that he probably has 66/33. I also think that this is a cooler and that Villain has QQ.

12) AK/KQ/AT
PF: CO raise doesn't mean much
Flop: Hero cbets, doesn't mean much either.
Turn: Hero checks after the flush hits; he probably has overcards or a top pair hand that doesn't want to bloat the pot.
River: Villain makes a tiny bet and Hero spiked a K or had a T and is calling figuring he is good enough of the time to call this small bet.

*whew* And now I'm too tired to play poker...