View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 06:43 PM

Default Help me rig my Wii to my 2405FPW Dell 24\" Widescreen Monitor

This is going to be my plan once I get to Argentina in January. I'll be in the States to pick up my Wii in mid-December. So I've got approximately 2 weeks to make this whole thing work before I leave. What do I need to do?

I'm going to pick up a 100 W step up/down transformer to convert the 220V Argentine power supply to 110V so my Wii doesn't get fried. Looking at the back of my monitor I appear to have component, S-video, and composite inputs on the back. Is this thing actually capable of 480p? I guess in theory it should even be capable of 1080p because it has at least 1080 vertical pixel resolution...hmm.

So is composite definitely the way to go and then wire the audio cables into my PC or some sort of external speakers? I just want to make sure this plan works before I commit to it.

- Converter for voltage so Wii doesn't get fried. I'll be ignoring the Hertz difference as the monitor is 50/60Hz capable anyways.

- Component from Wii to monitor. Should be able to switch that monitor freely from PC to Wii.

- Stereo sound to PC or external speakers.

Look okay? Do I need to buy component cables now from the Nintendo store or should I just wait to get them at a retail store? Anything else look wrong with my plan?

Edit: Will this run in 16:9?