View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: NL25 when c-bets donīt work (theory)

[ QUOTE ]
I think you'll get a lot of value when you hit against people calling with dominated hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is exactly the problem you have in those loose, passive games: AQ, AJ might be good before the flop but even with the raise you will be mostly playing against 2 - 4 players. In these situations, AQ and AJ lose a lot of their value because they are mainly top pair hands with a good or decent kicker. BUT: top pair hands are more often than not not enough to win the pot is these special games, therefore raising PF does not have to much value...AQs and AJs are a little different and really should be raised, especially from LP. Reason: if you flop top pair with NFD or even BDFD, this increases the value of your hand a lot.

As an example: say you raise with AJ from MP and 2 player call behind you, which you know are very loose call and call raises liberally. Flop comes A76. You CBet and get raised. How do you continue here. In a normal game you might be afraid of bein outkicked or up against a set, but here there are even more threats, especially two pairs like 76 or A7 which could easily by in a loose players range. DUC what I mean?