View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Appetizers that don\'t show up before your food

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This exact situation happened to me recently at the new Council Oak Steakhouse in the Tampa Hard Rock. I sat by myself in the lounge as I could smoke there and the main room was full. So I ordered a french onion soup and a New York strip. I was starving and was wondering what was taking so long with the soup, when the waitress finally showed up with the soup and the steak. I was pretty shocked, but was too hungry to bitch about it. Had this happened while I was dining with other folks I probably would have said something, but due to my overwhelming hunger, I just sucked it up and ate both.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a much more difficult situation because onion soup isnīt as easy to eat simultaneously with a steak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume the salad was delayed because somebody didn't get to setting it up on the plate.
But maybe they have pre-prepared salads in which case it's kind of inexcuseable. I don't know.

But with the soup, I'm pretty sure they don't have to make it right then and there. You have a big container of soup. You pour some in a bowl.
There's really no reason why they shouldn't be able to bring it out first.

When something like this happens I assume that the soup was either already sitting up there and the server was lazy and forgot to bring it out in advance. Or they just didn't think to pour it in advance or something and then only noticed that soup was ordered also once they got the steak ready.

Thinking about how long it takes to pour a cup of soup compared with how long it takes to prepare a steak leaves me thinking it's fairly inexcuseable to bring them both out at the same time. It should be incredibly easy to bring the soup out right-away.
And any restaurant that screws this up and somehow does NOT realize that people want their soup right away don't know what they're doing at all.