View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Low limit stud says it\'s correct to complete the bring in....

I made a post before about this, but this time I have some citations from the book <u>How to Beat Low-Limit 7-Card Stud Poker</u>
On the 3rd street chapter at the end. Question number one of the quiz asks
"You hold pocket jacks with a deuce on the board and are in the bring-in bet. Do you bring in for a dollar or the full ammount (supposing this is 2/4 stud)

The answer as you turn the page states

"Bet the full amount. You have a good starting hand. You want to force out other drawing hands early on so they won't give you trouble down the line."

I say this is fine if you look around the board and there is no more than 1 card higher than the jacks you have in the hole, but if there is more than 2 cards higher than those jacks is it really right to complete here? I may disagree with Kammen here.

Then again is he just contradicting himself since in the 3rd street talk about playing a high pair he uses a pocket 10's as an example with an ace as a door card, and he states "If you see two or more cards that are bigger than yours, just limp in. If it is raised from the bring-in of a doller to two dollars, go ahead and call. If it is re-raised, think carefully about calling. The only time you should call a re-raise in this situation is when you have alarge kicker and all of your cards are live."

So this means that If I bring in the full bet with jacks that If I'm reraised by that Q or K that I should drop the hand since my kicker is obviously a 2?

So it looks like I am right in bringing in the full bet if I look around and less than 2 cards are higher than my jacks, but If there are more than 2 I just limp hoping that it is not raised and reraised before it gets to me?