View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: October Low-Content Thread

15/30 game.

I am early position with two black Aces. I raise, get 6 callers, of course.

Flop: 5,6,7. Two clubs. Little chance for me to win...maybe a back door flush. Still I lead out, button (very good player) raises, SB calls, two other callers. I call.

Turn, the worst card possible, an Ace. Checked to me. I bet cuz I want to see if I am really dealing with a straight. Button raises, SB calls. And I call, now believing that I must pair the board to win.

However, out of the corner of my eye I notice that Button thinks I am reraising and he only puts out enough chips to call. In other words, he wasn't reraising, which you would do if he had the nut straight. But this is only registering in my subconscious because at the fore of my brain is this hope that the goddamn board will pair.

Bingo, out comes a 7. I have Aces full.

Too my surprise, SB bets out. I immediately raise. Only to be 3 bet by the button, then called by SB. Cuz I don't take moment to consider the possibilities, I 4 bet. Only when Button five bets for the cap do I realize the 7 was his Bingo card, not mine.

End result: SBs sixes full are beat by my Aces full, which of course is trumped by quad 7s. Too bad it wasn't quad Jacks. Meh.

I had to play another million hours to end the session up $160. Have had 12 positive sessions in a row and want to see how long a streak I can run.