View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Is this an instacall for you? (WSOP ME big draw)

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone try and figure out what the huge overbet all in means? He can comfortably raise a sizable amount. I was shocked when he moved all in. Very visably.

BTW, how much does your opinion change if I had AJhh?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's out of position, assuming he's not making a moronic push with a set or overpair, the push means he has a huge draw, either a pair and a flush draw, 2 overs with the nut flush draw, open ended str8 flush draw, or flush draw with an inside straight draw. Playing huge draws OOP is a pain in the ass, and overshoving may be the best way to play them.

Given the very real possibility that he's drawing to a bigger flush than you (or since you've never seen him before, that he has a set), you have to fold. Against a pair and the nut flush draw (which if I had to pick one hand that he has, that would be it), you're in serious trouble.

AhJh is much more interesting. I think it wouldn't have happened, because my money is on him having the Ah here. Against a random opponent, I'd probably fold because I'd be worried that my overs were not outs, but I'm really not sure what I would do.