Thread: Let's Talk CAZ
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Let\'s Talk CAZ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They were trying to run a 20-40 stud game today.

[/ QUOTE ]

What games are on the weekend that are regularly spread at 20/40 or above? I may be out there this weekend with the Red Sox in town.

Suggestions to where I should stay? At CAZ, itself?

[/ QUOTE ]

LHE 40/80 always, 60/120 most evenings, and 75/150 rarely. Most nights you will find the 60/120 mixed game running.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the mix? Does it go on the weekends?

Thanks in advance,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play in the game but it's really 'Dealer's choice' rather than 'mix'.

They play a lot of Stud Hi-lo (both with and w/o the 8 qualifier) and O/8. A player can choose other games but there are some games that can't be played in AZ (like Badugi or 5 card 0/8) so those are out. I'm not sure about Crazy Pineapple but I think that gets played also and it's one of the reasons I don't play the game. I hate being the guy who gets up for a round of what he doesn't want to play.

The game goes pretty much every night but now that so many regulars are up in LV for the WSOP it's been spottier.

To the poster who wondered about the 6-12 and 8-16:

Up until a few years ago there was 6-12 and 10-20. In my experience 10-20 is always the worst game in the house unless it's the biggest spread because of the 2/4 chip structure. Once they tried the 8/16 w/ it's 4/8 chip structure it killed the 10-20 dead. Thank goodness. There is no 15-30 HE because they decided from day 1 not to have it and they've never changed their minds. Probably not enough players to support both a 15 and a 20 anyway.