[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
* You guys are wrong about Ron Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was drive-by trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wasn't, it was just a reaction to this recent trend on 2p2 exhibited in this forum and in avatars and such to elect someone to run a system he doesn't believe in to institute changes that couldn't possibly come to fruition and to exhibit a view of the rest of the world which is certainly better than that of the current administration, yet still fundamentally childish and feasible only in theory and rhetoric.

It's unfortunate that the current administration has fostered such a disdain that cynical ideas which have little place beyond philosophical ideas are garnering the kind of attention they are, but that's the case and its important not to marginalize the race by turning it into a referendum on ideas the truth of which has been established by history dozens of times over.

Ron Paul is well a spoken figurehead and motivator of a wing of the republican party that republicans have forgotten about and as such its great that he's running and raising money, but he isn't what you think he is, he isn't the answer, at most he's a very good question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you think Ron Paul doesn't believe in the "system" (which I can only assume to mean government, the United States government, federal power) He believes in all of these things, in accordance with the constitution, very firmly. Show me a qoute of him saying something to the contrary?

Don't confuse Ron Paul with the AC'ers on this forum. Just because the support his ideas of limited government (in a hope for no government) doesn't mean Ron Paul pushes for no government.

Edit: And I agree, the trolling accusations get annoying. The difference, elwood, in those examples, is that not really anyone here (maybe a few random people I can't think of) support the previous candidates - you can't piss anyone off by randomly insulting those candidates without providing any substance in the post. You can piss off all the Paul supporters (that make up a large % of the postsers in the Politics forum) with a silly statement like that. He later clarified and explained his posistion, which allows for intelligent discussion.