View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:58 AM

Default raise raise raise raise

The villain here is an Asian woman who does not appear to play very well. We have established a bit of history while we were both in a 20 game waiting for the current 40 game. First, she witnessed me iso-raise a limper with T6 soooooted on the button and flop a straight, and made a snide remark after the hand (she was BB and had folded preflop). A couple of orbits later I open-raised KJo on the button, she defended her BB with QTo, c/c JTxx flop and turn and bet out on a T river, then smugly showed her hand and gave me a condescending look (I did not show my hand).

Anyhow we're now in the same 40 game. I open raise 77 UTG, she coldcalls from LP, blinds fold. Flop is KT7r. I bet, she raises, I 3-bet, she 4-bets, I 5-bet, and she says "nai han" and calls. I dark bet the turn, which happens to be a K, and she raises.

At this point, is a 3-bet mandatory or spew? That is, does she have KT always here or is our limited history enough for her to go apeshit on the flop with KQ/KJ (I imagine she would have 3-bet me preflop with AK/KK/TT ~ 100% of the time).

Granted, this is a very live-oriented, opponent-specific situation, but any comments/insights would be appreciated.