View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Beat: Am a freak and a very weird dude.

Gobboboy doesn't have a super-impressive live tournament record yet because he's not old enough to play in US tournaments. Given his skills, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't become a big winner in the US tournament scene once he turns 21.

We had Gobboboy on NWP Radio once, and I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to discover he was actually a cool guy, and quite mature for his age.

Given that Gobbo is male, his looks are less important in terms of marketing. If he's one of the top tournament players (and it appears he's probably going to be), he's definitely an asset from the poker marketing standpoint. Maybe he doesn't have a future in doing Full Tilt commercials, but he definitely has a future in getting them exposure and claiming another succesful pro on their team.

Besides, has anyone looked at the roster of Full Tilt "pros" lately? It seems they add anyone with a pulse these days.

Regarding Howard Lederer: Yes, this was an internal message, but mistakes do happen -- as witnessed here. A similar blunder occurred at the last company I worked at. One of our support guys called a customer "retarded", and that e-mail was accidentally attached to the official reply sent to that customer. Afterwards, a new protocol was developed by the company NEVER to say anything negative about any customers in internal e-mail. Howard could learn a lot from that.