View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Resistance against mid pocket turns into minbet war

BB runs 52/4.76. Extremely frustrating playing this guy. I've been raising into him a ton and cbetting flops (obv he's calling my PF raises), watching him fold, gingerly laughing to myself at his play. But now...

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $26.95
BB: $14.90
Hero (BTN): $27.95

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, SB calls $0.65, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.25</font>, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $5</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $11, Hero is somewhat aggrivated by the minbetting and doesn't want to do anything irrational, so he asks you guys what's up.</font>

Usually on this board I push his flop 3-bet all day. But again, his 4.76 PFR% scares me. I don't understand why he lead the flop with only a buck when he was 3betting me preflop, which is what prompted me to fight back. Now I'm just confused.