View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: uNL 1 year report card

[ QUOTE ]
Folks,

Well, its been a little over a year since the uNL/SSNL splits, so lets get some feedback.

First, Id like to thank all the posters that have made this place a great strat forum, and helped keep it to the high 2p2 standards. There are very few that still post here since the inception, but special thanks to munkey, pokey, ama, thac, kaz, gelford and anyone else that was here from the strat.

Now that we have that out of hte way, I want to hear we you the posters think of the following

a. Traffic- Do you feel as if you hand gets lost too fast, or does it receive appropiate responses.
b. Quality of the advice
c. Quality of the moderation- What policies would you like to see changed or implemented?
d. Other suggestions

Thanks,

uNL mods

[/ QUOTE ]well... cant believe it has been a whole year of unl being around. i remember when it was first started up and i actually started participating in discusions and posting regularly on 2p2 (and sure enough that is when i first became a winning cash game player consistently [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

i am so thankfull for the change. when it was just ssnl i NEVER posted. i think i reg in aug 05. and from then till whenever unl opened i think i had like 150 posts. they were almost exclusively in sttf and mainly in OT threads with the now shibs and all those goof balls.

unl popped up and i was like hey this is me. i just switched to cash. awsome. heres my chance to get better and fit in a bit. boom. started posting a lot and learned a ton. met some awsome people who i love. and it still shows as i still have yet to migrate to ssnl for several reasons.

in comparison unl is infinatly better. im sure i miss out on some great advice but most of the great posters pass right over my threads in ssnl so it really doesnt matter n e wayz. so i think the traffic here is MUCH better. well thoughtout threads with interesting situations get seen and get discussed in depth for the most part.

the quality of the advice is that of n e forum. some good... some bad. i think that is the toughest part of makin 2p2 help u. sifting thru the good and the bad and being able differentiate between the two. nothing you can do if u get spammed by a bunch of newbs with one liners. but for every 2 crap replies you get one good one. so u have to figure it out.

the mods r awsome as well. i think you all do a great job keepin this place alive and kicking. im sure it is a handfull and would never complain about the job you do. keep up the good work.

my only suggestion is to keep buckling down on the newbs giving one line responses. it helps them get better and it helps breed good posters which will help the forum mature even more.