View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of the analogies offered so far I like the Battleship one the best.
It is simple to follow and strongly parallel in the manner used to gain an advantage and inevitable outcomes.
I was trying to get a blind man playing darts to work. Battleship is better.

I've been waiting to see if we can get the HHs to import so we have more actual "meat" for a new cliffsnotes.
Going to start some reordering and rewriting of some of the original notes in anticipation of more material.

Pineapple- somehow I had read it as a minor leaguer tearing up the majors. Probably was someone responding to it instead. Anyhow my bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude u decided against new Cliff notes?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Had almost no time to do anything last afternoon/night. Was just saying I would start reorganizing the notes from this thread in the manner that has been discussed - starting with an overall summary.
I started it and will continue/clean it up in the morning.
Gonna sleep- wake up and try to post something that gels in the morning my time (central US).

peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

k cool.

But, as somebody mentioned above, I think we may pretty much be done here. So super-brief cliff notes follow.

One of the following has happened:
- Scam artists have robbed players on Absolute of somewhere between $500K and $1M, or
- We have witnessed one of the most extraordinary events in the history of the universe, or
- The best poker players in the world have somehow misunderstood apparently overwhelming statistical evidence.

The immediate effects were:
- Absolute poker claims to have suspended the accounts of the alleged cheats, but has otherwise stonewalled completely, and has released no official statement
- Pretty much every poker site and blog picked up the story
- A bridge to the mainstream media in the form of the Freakonomics dude picked up the story and ran it in his New York Times blog. The public blamed psychics.
- A few 2+2ers removed their money from Absolute. Others continue to play there, including some who were cheated. Otherwise, their traffic has not fallen off at all.

The long-term effects will most likely be:
- Absolute will admit nothing and will refund no money.
- The story will die out.
- Return to status quo.