View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Stud hi - thoughts on playing 3 2 a straight.

Third's a fold. Using Roy West's rule of thumb, if we count "near" cards (Queen and Eight) as one point, and "not-so-near" cards (King and Seven) as a half-point, you've got three points. You need 1.5 or fewer to make this a playable hand. A two-flush with two clubs gone is nowhere near enough to swing this to a call.

Your hand looks very pretty on fourth street, but a number of your straight and flush cards are gone. Between the bettor and the raiser, there's an excellent chance that you're in third place. I don't think the call is completely horrible, but I do think that folding is better.

I wouldn't necessarily interpret Q6's call on fourth as weakness. He's said that he has a pair of Queens, and the other guy has said that he has Queens beaten. This will cause a lot of people to shut down. They check, but they don't necessarily fold. Meanwhile, you've caught a terrible card. I think fifth is a fold as well.

No one folds sixth street, and I don't think you're winning. I'd check and hope. I think that the value-bet on the river is fine.