View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just installed it and it doesn't work for me. I already used SQL for pokertracker and it worked perfectly but your program says it cannot connect. So I uninstalled SQL and reinstalled it but now the installation won't work properly, there is a "data directory error" "the specified data directory is not empty."

[/ QUOTE ]

When you install postgres the second time uncheck "initialize database cluster" during install

[/ QUOTE ]

already tried that but then holdemmanager does still not work, same error

/e: hmm might have the wrong password, how can I find it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happened to me. I started with a clean slate and I'm now up and running! Here is what I did. Windows - Control Panel - Add/Remove. Remove PostgreSQL. Then went to C:/Proram Files, deleted the PosrgreSQL that was still there even after running the Remove function as stated above. Then emptied my recycle bin. Then re-started my computer. Then reloaded PostgreSQL as instructed.

The download instructions are somewhat confusing. On the 'Service configuration Account' box make up a new account name, don't leave the one shown by default, if any, and then make up a new pass word.
On the 'Initiate Database Cluster' box enter for user enter 'postgres' for password enter 'postgrespass' THESE then are the ones you enter in the HM - Options-Dtabase box to add this database to HM.
I could be wrong about all this, i know jack [censored] about computers, but this worked for me finally as a result of multiple trials and errors. Good Luck