View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Quiet poker night?

I don't think I can bribe her. She's a waitress at a sports bar and makes really good tip money.

She'll hang out with us for a bit when she comes home, and sometimes plays waitress, but she usually wants to crash soon after.

Anyway, I don't think a few hours of 0.25/0.25 PLHE-PLO would be that enticing to her, from a monetary view point. And I already know she's not into poker, anyway.

(Although she's good for me to have around cuz the guys drink more and play LAGer around her.)

One reason I like to keep the game going so late is that the stacks get deeper later into the game. We also bump up the stakes of any limit games we play, corresponding to the larger stacks.

Maybe I can just increase the starting buyin so we can reach that stage sooner.... Of course, getting to that point is the fun.

Is a blanket really effective? I heard that it's a good sound absorber, but not a good sound insulator.

Anyway, if noise becomes an issue, I may need to look into getting a new door for her. (Medium Density Fiber with a rubber doorsweep.)