View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Getting from a commitment plan to the optimal line...(not2long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
push

[/ QUOTE ]
Would you push here against A),B),C) and D) ??
I think if we get called we might be ahead of AJ, AT, A8 and a (bad played) Flushdraw. I think we see hands like AK a set or a monster draw more often! I am not arguing that a push is bad, but I just think that there are other options out there which might get more value out of your opponents and keep down your variance [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: Nothing personal Cheese, but I hope that the really good players are still reading and will post their thoughts!

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm off the really good players list... disappointing. Obv I was joking... and the push joke was meant to be preflop... er, I hope it was obvious.

As to taking a line, I'll get back to you. One thing to think about is that preflop and flop are not really separate, and I'd recommend the 2p2 book Professional No-Limit Holdem, though it relates primarily to cash, it does a good job allowing you to plan your hand from the beginning, starting with preflop raise size. One suggestion is to generally try to get 10% of your stack in preflop if you plan on commiting to TPTK with a TP type hand (which you have). We have to make some huge adjustments with ICM here though, and the 10% rule is when you get the pot heads up.

EDIT: didn't realize the pot was 3 handed, so this changes a few things. OP, this was a good strategy question and I'll think about it when I get over my soul crushing football losses today.