View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 09:18 PM

Default How Big Of A Life Nit Am I? (Cell phones on trains)

So after being called a life nit and a douchebag by about 15 different people in the Real Life Hero thread, I wanted to get an idea of exactly how nitty I am by OOT standards. In general, I'm very neurotic about lots of things, and when something attracts my attention (whether positive or negative), I stay fixated on it until there's some sort of resolution. So one of my pet peeves is people using their cell phones while riding the train. I'm not talking about people who speak in hushed tones and keep their conversations quick, and I'm also not referring to people who speak really loudly throughout the entire trip (I assume everyone hates those people). I'm talking about people who just speak at a normal volume, say outdoor speaking volume, and have what seem like everyday, trivial conversations that seem like they could probably wait until after the train ride. And to be clear, I'm talking about a commuter train - like an under an hour - not a four-hour trip from NYC to DC. So on to the poll: