View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 04:26 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL- Semi Deep, Too Many Outs

I wonder what his range of calling a preflop raise is here? Is he capable of a bluff raise here (broadway cards+,PP-99)? Your river bet will only mean AK or a set. So if he has anything he might very well look you up since there are so few possibilities of you connecting that flop. If you do decide to follow through, I think I would have to bet more than 200-250 here. This bet into a ^40 pot looks like spewing to me. I might even overbet the pot since that is what I would do if I hit a set.

On a side note I hate leading with this type hand. I know it is a standard c-bet but I really don't want to get blown off the hand and would rather take my "free card" on the flop rather than the turn. I would prefer either a c/r flop and lead heavy on the turn with your added outs or c/c flop and look to c/r turn. This way you might get a cheap or free turn card and if you get a c/r in, the pot is not so big already that it will cost you a large portion of your stack. By leading out and calling a raise you know you have to still either hit or make another play at this pot to win since your 5 high can beat precisely 32. If you decide to lead out then I probably dump to a raise here.