View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: 50NL Flopped set of 10\'s How do I extract maximum?

Well, pf you should either have raised TT first off (this is always a raise for me) or autofold to villains raise because you simply don't have the odds to call.

Think about it. You have to pay 4.50 to win max 45 bucks. You'll hit a set one time in nine roughly. Sometimes you'll hit a set and lose or he folds, or a card comes that kills your action.

I usually want the chance of at least 15x return on my investment before limp-calling like this AND the other player has to be sufficiently aggressive to carry the betting bc you're out of position the whole hand and can't call the shots. This player has a slightly short stack and if he were any less aggressive he'd be asleep.

So, next time I'd recomment raising TT and indeed 88 from any position and Cbet selectively when you miss, in order to defray the extra cost. Playing ultra nitty is probably ok at NL50 but any higher and you will get exploited to death by the regulars. Remember, the less hands you raise the more obvious you make your hand.