View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Sit \'n Go Strategy study group -- Part I: Low Blind Play

Ok, I'll start this off.

I only basically play turbo's and when reading my comments this should be noted.

One of the most important concepts in SNG's have to do with tournament equity and the value of your chips in relation to other stacks.

As other players get knocked out of the tournament the chips still left in their become more valuable in terms of their equity. This means that purely surviving this part of the tournament 95% of the time will increase your overall worth in the tournament.

It is for this reason that I suggest playing only premium hands when raising (my range is usually JJ+AKo+, I will throw 1010 in their as well as maybe AQs if in late position).

I will fold small pairs to pf raises often in the first level but will set mine all to no raise. For me to call a raise I will usually have 99+ to call with no read. If their are callers and the chips in the middle equal more than 10-15% of my stack I will push JJ/QQ/KK and AK. Even though I will often just rr with AA.

You should be aiming to survive and get your money in a 4-1 or 3-1 situation only in this level and hopefully avoid big coinflips early.

Flame away

Ryot,