View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 07:22 AM

Default Re: religion and faith (also long)

[ QUOTE ]
I take it that you were born into a christian family and became saved at an early age?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually. Agnostic, intellectual dad, believer mum, dropped out of church early, didn't return until mid twenties.

[ QUOTE ]
If the choice was really clear, that is an ACTUAL choice, instead of many confusing signs pointing different directions then there would be only one religion .... Think about it this way, if people really knew that they were choosing hell by not following christianity then at the very least, even considering people's desire for what is considered sin, everybody would become saved in their old age, or when they knew they had a life threatening disease. But this simply doesn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you would be surprised at the number of deathbed conversions, and they say there are no atheists in foxholes! On the other hand many people persist in unwise activities in the full knowledge of the results (nurses smoking?). In these cases most people would say "I'll do what I can to persuade them to stop, but in the end, it's their choice".